Monday, December 19, 2011

'Tis The Season

I'm a cookie hound. Ask my daughter. When she was a teenager, she nearly got grounded a week after refusing to tell me where she hid the cookies she baked. I never met a cookie I didn't like.

This year, it's different. When I look at cookies, my first thought is "damn, I've worked too hard to put that back on my hips". That is SO not me of seasons past, who would have gobbled first, felt guilty later.

Last night I finally succumbed and enjoyed every last morsel of a home made frosted sugar cookie. It. Was. Awesome. The only consolation was knowing I had a training run today and that the season will be wrapping up soon.

Today I ran my personal best...just under 23 minutes for 2 miles averaging 11:28 per mile beating my record of 12:16 per mile. As much as I'd like to think it justifies eating more cookies, I think it has more to do with the excitement of going on vacation tomorrow and running in warm weather. That should be a new and interesting experience!