Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Does It Get Easier?

Yeah, didn't think so. But I guess that's the challenge...keep pushing your body past the point you previously thought was your limit.

Today I ran three miles, Thursday I'm scheduled for two, then Saturday I'll be visiting a place I've never been...four miles.

I've got to say, looking at December's training schedule kind of freaks me out. After this Saturday's four mile training run, I'll be going out of town for the holidays, just in time for a four mile run on Christmas Eve and returning to my first five mile run on New Year's Eve. Yikes, as if the holidays aren't stressful enough!

So for right now, I'm focusing on the upside of having lost 8 pounds to date and running further than I have ever run. I'm so grateful my knees, hips, and feet are hanging in there with me on this journey because we have A LOT more steps to take.