Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Furlough Day 1: A Ray of Hope in an Epic Fail Sort of Day

I Love Congress...said No. One. Ever. The nice day makes the furlough a little easier to tolerate, but I'd really rather be doing my job supporting our Soldiers.

So after being furloughed this morning I stopped by a grocery store. Standing ahead of me in line was a WWII/Korean War vet with an Army hat on. He turned to me an said, "I do not believe what is going on in Washington right now." I replied, "Believe it, I just got furloughed."

Then he said, "I have something for you," and reached for his wallet pulling out one of many carefully folded sheets of paper. "This is an application for the National Organization For Women, NOW" and handed me the paper. As he turned to leave, he touched my arm and said "Join...and be sure to vote." 


A bright ray of hope in an Epic Fail sort of a day!