Monday, September 30, 2013

Checking In

Usually I'm too busy with life to bother keeping up this blog. After my epic feat of completing the Free Press Half Marathon last year, everything seemed to pale in comparison. I spent 6 weeks during the first half of 2013 attending training for and doing a job I love...supporting our Soldiers.

This Summer I was among the legions of civil servants who were furloughed. At first, a day off every week was cool, but the impact hurt when paychecks arrived. Thirteen weeks turned into eleven, and finally the furlough days were cut to 6. I, for one, was glad to return full time. Less than two months later, here we are again.

Here's to hoping there is a budget or continuing resolution passed so we don't have to face furloughs again. If not and I'm furloughed, I'll use this little space on the internet to shine some light. On what, I'm not sure, but I'll go where the spirit leads me.