Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Countdown

Next week at this time I will be able to say that I've run a Half Marathon. If you had told me that a year ago, I would have said you were crazy.

I started my running journey last November when I could hardly scrape myself up off the sofa during a tough year that included many personal struggles.

Today as I ran my last long run along the course I've logged so many miles on as part of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team in Training, I reflected on how far I've come. I feel really good about starting this journey for something bigger than myself and having raised more than $1,500 for blood cancer research.

The journey to the finish line hasn't been exactly as I had envisioned it, but it will be sweet all the same. It's never too late and my take away is that now I run for me.